Get essential accounting resources and find answers to your questions here.
Endowment accounting involves the tracking, posting, reconciling and reporting on all activity within the University’s endowment investment accounts. This includes the following:
- A monthly analysis and reconciliation of each investment asset account
- Posting all monthly gains and income
- Tracking all capital gifts to the endowment and transferring these gifts to the investment bank
- Reconciling the monthly unitization system
- Calculating the annual endowment spending amount and allocating it to each endowment fund,
- Building the endowment budget and reporting endowment income to departments
- Calculating and processing the quarterly spending amount draws
- Preparing an annual review and reconciliation for the financial statements and the annual audit
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis is prepared by request
All investment activity for the endowment is directed by the Chief Investment Officer, Jason Safran, who should be contacted with questions involving investment of these assets.
For questions regarding specific TCU endowment funds, their annual spending amounts and/or reporting concerns, please contact Chris Lawler, Director of Endowment and Gift Accounting at 817-257-4875.
The Office of Research Accounting handles the financial accounting and reporting of research grants and sponsored projects awarded to Texas Christian University. Research Accounting is responsible for ensuring that transactions are correct and within the contract limitations as outlined in the grant awards.
Direct Research Accounting questions to Denise Phillips at 817-257-5119.
3101 Bellaire Dr N.
The Harrison, Suite 2101B
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Office hours are weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
TCU Box 297011
Fort Worth, TX 76129
- Keia Wilson
Director of Financial Reporting
- Cindy Mulkey
Director of Tax Reporting